Welcome to the next-level threat facing American businesses. The bad guys have organized and they are now selling access to corporate networks they have already breached (without detection) to other groups of bad guys.
Sound scary? It is. Here’s what you need to know.
On the dark web, one hacker group is offering access to business networks for $3,000-$100,000 plus a share from any potential ransom amount collected.
According to IBM, companies take on average 197 days to identify and 69 days to contain a breach.
Can you be sure hacker groups aren't selling access to your company right now when looking at those statistics?
If that scares you, that means you’re probably not feeling very confident in your current cybersecurity measures – and you’re probably not prioritizing your risk through a recognized security framework such as the NIST CSF.
Most cybersecurity problems like the one we're discussing here can be prevented. But the old ways of doing IT are over and it takes a new set of skills and discipline to stay on top of today's evolving cyber threats.
If you’re concerned you're not doing enough or don't know enough about how to protect your business, let's have a conversation to discuss your concerns.
Complete the CMMC Training Series for Manufacturers
Department of Defense prime contractors and subcontractors are required achieve Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) by 2025 in order to earn or retain DoD contracts. IMEC is offering a 15-part CMMC Cybersecurity Training Series for Manufacturers will guide you through the process towards CMMC certification, verifying to the DoD that you have adequate cybersecurity controls and policies in place to meet DoD security standards.
The next live virtual training is on September 1 and will meet monthly through September 2022. Past session recordings are available upon joining the training. This series will:
- Translate the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) framework into language that manufacturers – not cybersecurity experts – can understand. Recordings of monthly training will be available for all participants.
- Provide an up-to-date deep dive into each of the CMMC control families and domains
- Outline monthly action step for you to make ongoing progress toward CMMC compliance –while still operating your company
- Provide 1-on-1 monthly guidance to make regular progress on the CMMC requirements
- Save $100,000+ in consulting costs for an external provider to complete the process of demonstrating compliance with CMMC in policies, procedures and practices.