Reshoring and keep strong domestic supply chains are an even greater imperative based on what we have learned in the COVID crisis. One way to address reshoring is to focus on imported items. That's why IMEC is partnering with the Reshoring Initiative to provide a fully-funded opportunity for small and mid-sized manufacturers (SMMs) to play a vital role in import substitution for the components they can supply right here in Illinois.
Illinois’ manufacturers already produce many components that large OEMS purchase overseas. IMEC’s Premier Domestic Manufacturing Program will provide a list of vetted and qualified OEMs that import products our manufacturers produce or can produce competitively. Our team will then provide coaching to Illinois manufacturers and teach them how to sell their products and the idea of reshoring to these companies.
Premier Domestic Manufacturer Benefits:
- List of potential sales channels based on your business and market.
- IMEC support contacting these potential buyers.
- Fact sheets to give potential buyers about how reshoring can help them.
- Support planning how your company will handle potential buyers’ capacity needs.
Manufacturer Guidelines & Qualifications:
- Have 25 – 500 employees
- Produce a narrow breadth of product
- Operate in the state of Illinois
- Can offer quick deliveries on products that will be freighted offshore
Upon qualifying for this program, SMMs are then empowered to open new sales channels, maximize their capacity, create new jobs, and become more competitive.
Interested in being one of Premier Manufacturers helping to bring business back to Illinois?