Guest post, written by Ron Jacobs, Human Resources Professor and Consultant.
This one-day workshop provides a practical introduction to job analysis and the skills to conduct the well-known technique called DACUM (Developing a Curriculum). DACUM has a long history of proven success in gathering information about what people do on their jobs, including the following:
- Identifying employee selection criteria
- Identifying current and future job requirements
- Designing training programs
- Supporting quality and safety programs
- Developing work instruction documents
Information from a job analysis provides the basis for conducting a more in-depth task analysis, which is useful for designing structured on-the-job training (S-OJT) programs and work instruction documents. This topic will also be addressed in the workshop.
The workshop is appropriate for a wide range of staff, including those involved in training and human resource development, human resources, health and safety, and quality. The workshop is also appropriate for managers seeking ways to identify future skills requirements of employees. Anyone who is asked to document what people do on their jobs, in a way that is systematic, useful, and legally defensible, should be interested in this workshop.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Describe work analysis and the key terms
- Describe the components of all jobs
- Describe job analysis and the DACUM process
- Describe the sources of information and methods of gathering information
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a job analysis
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a task analysis
- Plan a job analysis in your organization
Ron Jacobs is professor of human resource development at the University of Illinois and is principal of RL Jacobs and Associates, a global consulting firm. Ron is the author of numerous books and over 100 journal articles on workplace learning and performance topics. He consults with a wide range of national and international organizations, government agencies, and technical schools, on issues related to human resource and workforce development.
Learn more and register below!
Work Analysis for Organizational Success Workshop
April 5 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
NIU Conference Center | Naperville