Companies that purchase a new manufacturing information system do so to better manage the business, cut costs, and improve customer relationships – i.e. the “strategy”. However, when it comes to implementing the system – the “art of execution” – many companies settle for a less than fully-functional solution. An audit, or gap analysis, of your existing system may yield substantial opportunities for improvement, especially if your company:
- Does not have an IT manager or other personnel intimately familiar with the system.
- Is upgrading an existing system but wants to pinpoint the potential benefits first.
- Experiences disruptions because of underutilized or incapable systems.
- Is in an industry where customer requirements or regulations change frequently.
- Is on a lean journey.
- Has concerns about system fault-tolerance and/or disaster recovery.
- Is experiencing very large year-over-year growth patterns.
- Customer or supplier information exchange interfaces have changed.