This is a guest blog, written by Alec Allessandra, M.B.A, former John Deer Executive, former IMEC Board Member, and Senior Strategist of Strategic Impact Partners, and Robert Pojasek, Ph.D, Senior Strategist of Strategic Impact Partners.
Many small and medium-sized supplier organizations are receiving notices from their larger sourcing customers to implement a variety of different international standards at their facilities. These standards could include:
- ISO 9001: 2015 (for quality)
- ISO 14001: 2015 (for the environment)
- ISO 31000: 2018 (regarding risk management)
- ISO 45001: 2018 (covering health and safety)
- ISO 50001:2018 (covering energy management)
- The Ethical Trading Initiative Program