Imagine a five-day intensive, hands-on technical boot camp where over 75% of training is spent on equipment labs! IMEC partners with the International Society of Automation (ISA) to bring a highly technical, hands-on training to Illinois. The Technician Training Boot Camp covers topics from instrumentation basics to the most advanced smart technology. To help technicians perform efficiently, the training provides participants with the essential building blocks for professional development and enhanced skills.
At the ISA Technician Training Boot Camp, participants acquire the knowledge required by a Control Systems Technician with 5 years of experience in performing maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting tasks typical of a plant floor environment. The Boot Camp tests participants’ skill sets, serves as a self-assessment of additional training and provides a review of industrial measurements and control concepts and terminology. It also reviews and refreshes current skills, and introduces new skills
The Boot Camp curriculum covers the following:
- Instrumentation Basics
- Calibration and Maintenance
- Digital (Smart) Transmitters
- Control Valves, Positioners, and DVCs
- Tuning and Troubleshooting Control Systems
“We do book work, we study and ask questions and get answers. Then we go to the training module and we actually physically hook up the devices, read pressures, measure signals, and then we go back and talk about it. We get a lot of hands-on time.” - Mark Milligan, Process Automation Specialist (ADM)
The ISA Technician Training Boot Camp is highly recommended for:
- Technicians with instrument maintenance responsibilities, and a good working knowledge of instrument fundamentals and terminology.
- Instrument supervisors needing to understand and evaluate the skill sets required to perform instrument maintenance tasks.
- Reliability and maintenance engineers needing to learn and/or evaluate instrument maintenance processes.
Learn more about the next Illinois-based training and register here:
ISA Technician Training Boot Camp (4.5 day)
July 30 – August 2, 2018 | 8:00am – 4:30pm
August 3, 2018 | 8:00am – 12:00pm
Questions about this event? Please contact Emily Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-677-4633.
Check out these other great articles on ISA trainings!