Written by Carly McCory, partner and Executive Director - Champaign County Economic Development Corporation
The Champaign County Economic Development Corporation and Parkland College will join community, regional and state partners to celebrate February as Career and Technical Education Month®, or CTE Month®, which recognizes the value and accomplishments of career and technical education programs in the U.S.
Throughout the month of February, area entities will participate in this national celebration, created by the Association of Career and Technical Education (ACTE), chiefly by disseminating information on CTE programs and opportunities in and around Champaign County through the social media campaign, #CTEinIL.
#CTEinIL is designed to promote CTE programs and career opportunities in Champaign County and throughout the state of Illinois. Participating organizations, schools, and employers will use the #CTEinIL hashtag throughout the month of February to build awareness about their own initiatives, while also helping to tell the story of CTE opportunities within the state.
Participating organizations include:
- Champaign County Chamber of Commerce
- Champaign County Economic Development Corporation
- Champaign County Regional Planning Commission
- Champaign Unit 4 School District
- Champaign-Urbana Schools Foundation
- Early College & Career Academy
- Education for Employment System #330
- ICATT Apprenticeship Program
- Illinois Manufacturers’ Association
- Mahomet-Seymour Community Unit School District #3
- Parkland College
- Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 149
- Rantoul Township High School
- Urbana School District #116
What is CTE? Career and technical education, or CTE, is education that directly prepares students for high-wage, high-demand careers. CTE covers many different fields, including health care, information technology, advanced manufacturing, hospitality and management and many more.
CTE encompasses many different types of education, from classroom learning to certification programs to work-based learning opportunities outside the classroom.
For more details on CTE Month®, as well as partnering companies and organizations celebrating #CTEinIL, visit http://champaigncountyedc.org/cteinil.
View the original press release here.